On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 17:13 +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 22:49 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > I created a .modules file for jhbuild and got it working.
> > Here's some
> > > help on using it:
> > > http://maemo.org/maemowiki/MaemoWithJhbuild%7cBuilding
> > >
> > > This saves me a lot of time and fiddling when I need to
> > write a patch
> > > for the hildon libraries, and for working on the C++ bindings.
> >
> > It would be best to put the jhbuild .modules file into maemo's SVN
> > repository so that maemo developers can easily update the
> > dependencies,
> > branch names, and versions when needed. jhbuild can then access it via
> > the http URL at
> > https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/
> >
> > So, may I have permission to add a jhbuild_modules module
> > there in SVN?
> > I think I already have the rights to do that.
>
> It would be really cool to try out jhbuild on stage and I don't
> see any problem in having the .modules file there as such.

I don't seem to have access to create directories in
projects/haf/trunk/. I guess I only have access to contrib/. Can you do
anything about that?

> However, could a way be found to avoid having to maintain
> build dependencies in one more place in addition to configure.ac
> and the debian control file?

I doubt that would be easy. Nobody has managed to do that elsewhere, and
I wouldn't expect to achieve it just for maemo.

In particular, configure.ac dependencies tend to be expressed in a
variety of almost freeform ways, and debian package names are not always
the same as source tarball names or pkg-config or .so names.

--
Murray Cumming
[EMAIL PROTECTED]