On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Jac Kersing did have cause to say:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >2) Why did Nokia use a RS-MMC connector? A standard SD-
> >Card interface would have been nice. Maybe for a future
> >device...
>
> Isn't SD a closed format requiring non-disclosure agreements (and it does
> not mix well with Linux for this reason) ???

Plenty of linux devices with SD exist. (The entire zaurus line, for
example.)

Even skipping the whole SD thing, how about a full-size mmc? You can't tell
me there isn't another .5cm of room in there somewhere. RS-MMC has got to be
the part I hate the most on this - I've got tons of devices, and it is the
ONLY one that takes rsmmc. (Most take SD/MMC, or CF, and the new phone takes
MMC only. But even the phone takes full-size mmc, and its a nokia 9300i with
arguably much higher component density than the 770. Using rsmmc was a
really bad move and hopefully one they won't repeat if they want adoption to
pick up.)  Honestly, the 770 is only a hair smaller than my zaurus (c760)
and the zaurus finds room for SD/MMC -and- a full cf slot.