Christine Liu wrote:
hello!

i am wondering if it's possible to connect thru bluetooth *from* my computer to my nokia 770. if i scan for devices from my computer, i cant find my nokia unit (i know its MAC address). plus, if i have my two 770s together, one cant 'find' the other.

how do i render or configure the 770 so that it can be 'found'?

by default, enquiry scan is disabled. to change this, do the following...

from the command line (as root):

  hciconfig hci0 piscan

to make it permanent, edit /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf and change:

  iscan disable; pscan enable

to:

  iscan enable; pscan enable

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                         Tel: +44 (0) 1304 814800
The Bunker Secure Hosting Ltd.      Fax: +44 (0) 1304 814899