Devesh Kothari wrote:
ext Uwe Koch wrote:
I saw many sdl libs already in the SDK but not in the
Beta release on the 770.

Does anybody know if they will be delivered in the public release or
shall I deliver them again like in the IT2005 release?

check always
http://repository.maemo.org/unstable/2.0rc16/package_reference.html

Well there is no column for product image, just the rootfs which is something different (developer rootfs?). There is also python listed as being in the rootfs and it is not by default in the beta image.

But anyway, it is probably not so important what is in the image because of the network repositories. If something is not by default I suppose the dependencies pull it from the repository (if configured properly) so there is no need to deliver own libs anymore.

Question is whether there will be some repository preconfigured in final production image so it works automatically and whether it will be the same as maemo 2.0 used from arm scratchbox target.

Even today when I have mistral-beta configured on the beta image I see

/home/user # apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  certs libcst maemo-launcher osso-sounds-ui
4 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1428kB of archives.
After unpacking 868kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Is the production image compatible with maemo 2.0 so can I upgrade safely now? I.e is the developer rootfs simply a different selection of packages but using same repository as final image?

Frantisek