"ext Laszlo T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello!
>
> How do I install osso-xterm for mamemo 2.0 beta?
>
> I downloaded manually: (because I have no internet connection for pda.)
> osso-xterm_0.13_armel.deb
> dependencies:
> libvte-common_0.11.13-3osso1_all.deb
> libvte4_0.11.13-3osso1_armel.deb
> libncurses5_5.4-3_armel.deb
> and I tried to install from file, this packages, but the Application manager
> says:
> Unable to install. Incompatible package.
> Why?

Because the "lib" packages you list are not 'user' packages.  The
error message is a bit misleading, granted...

> My tip:
> the section in control in deb is not correct.

I'd say it is correct: the "lib" packages are not supposed to be
visible in the Application manager.  They are considered part of the
system, like "libgtk2.0" etc.

Spoiler alarm: The Application manager can be put into a mode where it
treats all packages as user packages, regardless of their section.
It's a hidden setting, but should not be hard to find...

Also, I am getting this idea of adding a "dir://" method to apt that
will treat a random directory full of .deb files as a repository,
creating the "Packages" file etc on the fly... maybe this already
exists.