Hello-
I've been trying to see if I could modify the X server running on the N770. So firstly I extracted the rootfs from the OS2006 .bin file. I then downloaded the xserver-kdrive .deb file from the repository and extracted it to my rootfs, packaged it all up and flashed my device with it. This worked fine. I then downloaded the source of xserver-kdrive, also from the repository. After expending some effort, I was able to get that to compile. I had to download a couple extensions from other places -- xproto, resourceext, damageext, xdmcp, compositeext; I also had to add one struct definition in spext.h (from the xsp folder in the tar'd xserver-kdrive source). However, it did eventually compile. I then replaced the Xomap executable file in the rootfs with the new one which I had just compiled and flashed the device. When the device rebooted, the blue progress bar would get about 1/3 of the way across the screen, then halt for a little bit, and reboot again. So my first question is: Has anyone ever compiled their xserver from source before and gotten it to work? Should I even be able to? Or did they maybe change something in the source which they didn't provide (those extensions perhaps) which they want to keep proprietary and prevent me from being able to modify the x server? Does anyone know how I could maybe see some logs of where the booting was hanging?

And a second issue: after realizing that the booting was going nowhere, I reflashed my device with the original rootfs (taken straight from the OS 2006 .bin file). Now, when my device boots, there is no longer the blue progress bar along the bottom. It merely shows the "Nokia" screen for a second or two and then shows the handshaking screen. As such, I can no longer flash my device with anything at all. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dan Brinks