On Tuesday 25 July 2006 09:01, you wrote:

> > http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2405
> >
> > Actually mplayer works surprisingly fast and has performance not much
> > inferior to default video player on Nokia 770 that is using DSP. And
> > that all is even without hardware colorspace conversion support!
> >
> > So is it possible to have an accelerated version of libxv on Nokia 770
> > that would support colorspace conversion and scaling (no matter whether
> > using video controller capabilities or relay this task to DSP)? So that
> > a more universal and well supported ARM core could deal only with video
> > stream decoding.
>
> We don't have any plans to do this for the 770.

Thanks for your reply.

In order not to take much of your time, just a few more questions which
require only yes/no/maybe answers :)

Does Nokia 770 hardware really support YUV colorspace?

Is it technically possible (I'm not asking whether it is planned by Nokia now)
to have some simple API for YUV colorspaces support added probably as part of
libxsp?

Is Nokia interested in getting any assistance from the community (from me
for example) in improving performance and capabilities of the software
and libraries preinstalled on the device?

I'm interested in good video support and also game development (official
support for twice lower resolution in SDL using pixel doubling, support for
portrait/landscape screen orientation modes, background music playback
utilizing DSP core, virtual keyboard for X11 applications and SDL in
particular, etc.). So I don't mind contributing some of my free time to do
some work in order to get all this real.

Thanks.