Hello All,

looks like I have to answer this myself because I have not received any other
help instructions. The same happened when I was asking where is the WLAN
driver sources for 2.6.16 kernel, see
http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2006-August/005049.html
The correct answer to this is:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/?root=cx3110x
I have not received any reason for this, does somebody knows the reason?

The solution to my problem (below) was to change the compiler environment
(toolchain). Looks like the kernel (OK, only WLAN driver) is compiled with
the 3.4 toolchain (scratchbox-toolchain-arm-gcc3.4.cs-glibc), not with the
scratchbox-toolchain-cs2005q3.2-glibc-arm which I used and was suggested in
http://www.maemo.org/platform/docs/tutorials/Maemo_tutorial.html#Installation

The kernel compilation Wiki-page proposes to use
scratchbox-toolchain-arm-gcc3.4.cs-glibc compiler, but in that page all other
instructions was for IT2005 (and Maemo 1.1) and I mistakenly believed that
suggestion was also outdated (so that was my mistake).

Kernel is compiling cleanly with the cs2005q3.2 toolchain, is there some good
reason not to use that to compile whole system (IT2006&Maemo2.0 and
kernel)???

I am also a little bit surprised that this mailing-list does not include more
people who compiles the kernel by himself/herself (or at least that
impression I have gotten). Maybe they don't have to ask any questions like I
have done... :-)

Best Regards,

        Kimmo