> Hello,
>
> Every now and then we have some nasty "edits" at maemo's wiki. To avoid
> this I have been thinking to disable anonymous edits till we have a
> solution which:
> -either detects spam and reverts a page if necessary, or
> -provides a challenge-response test (captcha [1]) before submitting a
> page (Thanks "Adam L" for proposing it)
>
> Disabling anonymous edits would be temporary only, since it is against
> the idea of the wikis.

Most other open source projects' wikis also require log-in. It just makes
it easier to see who did what.

But until you have some challenge system, you'll still have some spam even
with a login. The spammers just generate users. But it cuts it down a bit.

> Before doing anything I would be interested in your opinion. Does
> somebody have an idea which could be easily integrated into moinmoin
> (the wiki engine maemo.org uses)? Or shall we just leave the situation
> as is and revert the pages manually?
>
> I would appreciate your thoughts and comments on this issue.

Murray Cumming
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com