Hello,

I'm playing a bit with the N770 DSP (I may write an Ogg Vorbis codec
if I have the time), and I'd like to use the sound output. I figured
out that hardware access was through avs_kernel, but apparently its
API is not documented anywhere on the web. Does anyone have more
information ?

So far, I can compile and run code on the DSP (using the info from
http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2006-January/002607.html)
; and I've disassembled avs_kernel a bit to get an idea of the API,
and I have managed to power up the AIC23 audio chip (printing "aic23
powering up" and "aic23_init_power() done" in the dmesg) from the DSP
by calling a function in avs_kernel. But concerning more advanced
functions (audio streaming, ...) the API is quite a pain to figure out
from disassembler output.

Regards,

Sebastien