Siarhei Siamashka wrote:

Yes, I tried all these types of networking, but lately resorted only to wi-fi
as it is the easiest one to use.

If no such solution exists right now, maybe it is time to develop one? :)

As for bluetooth, I don't find it too hard. Just one shell script and possibly also manual connection to dummy IAP if I want to surf from device via bluetooth and have Maemo GUI apps connected.

My shell script for PAN networking is posted here
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3068&page=1&pp=10

It is easy to add it to menu (one .desktop file) but so far I was lazy to do it as I have xterm opened all the times anyway and prefer to see script output.

As for making this one click thing including opening dummy IAP, I already asked in this list if it is possible to attach some startup script to dummy IAP and got no answer. But recently there was a post about programatically opening connections via dbus somehow so this might be solution. Either open/close it from the script or monitoring dbus bus for connected/disconnected signal of dummy IAP and then invoke bluetooth setup/teardown script.

Dummy IAP is not needed for ssh, apt-get, wget etc on command line. You can even have both wlan and wifi connected, bt for local network (ssh) and wlan for internet or vice versa (depend on which IAP is selected dummy/wlan).

Frantisek