ext Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> What do you think about current wiki based application catalog? In my
> opinion, it is quite a large page already, slow to open and hard to
> navigate. As I see it now, maemo-apps.org looks like it may become an
> interesting resource for maemo community in the future. But it lacks
> content, badly. Most of the applications submitted there were added by
> 'Frank' who is the admin there. Yesterday I edited
> ApplicationCatalog2006 wiki page and added a notice with a suggestion
> for application developers to submit their applications to maemo-apps
> catalog as well, but this addition was reverted. I'm not suggesting to
> drop current application catalog, it would be just stupid. But trying
> some alternatives at the same time seems like a good idea to me.
>
> Of course maemo-apps.org is a third party maintained resource with no
> sources available. I would prefer something more open if it was
> available (or at least maintained by Nokia).
>
> Thoughts?
A long time ago I contacted Frank and asked for the engine which is
behind kde-apps and the rest. He did not reply to me :(
We would have been very happy to setup a catalog based on his work at
maemo.org. It is obvious we need to change the wiki based catalog, and I
am also looking forward hearing your opinions. I do not have any
concrete solution in mind at the moment.

Regards,
Ferenc