On Wed, 2006-25-10 at 18:57 +0300, David Weinehall wrote:
> Most of the quirks have been twisted out now;
> it's almost functional, and our legal department is checking it at the
> moment.

This has got to be the saddest statement of our society, the fact that
the legal department has to check on it.  A simple alarm function, for
the love of god that sucks.  "Yup we want to release a new clock but we
have to check with the Lawyers first".  "Oh yeah we realize the clock
has been around for hundreds of years but.."

"Ban Software Patents" is the only response I can think of.