Hello,

What are my options for Windows Media Audio streams on the 770? Most Internet
radio streams (I mean simulcasts of real broadcasts in this sense) are
offered in (at least) this format, which is supported by free software
(ffmpeg) up to version 2, the latest version I've ever seen anywhere.
However, no one seems to have had any luck with third-party codecs on this
device, much less for streaming. Is this device powerful enough to handle
decoding audio streams using C or ARM-assembly codecs (from ffmpeg)? It's
likely that the bitstream would be 16 to 24 kbps. I understand free tools for
the DSP aren't quite there yet, so that may not be an option.

--
Andrew Barr

Men go crazy in congregations they only get better one by one.
        -- Sting, "All This Time" (The Soul Cages, 1991)