ext Murray Cumming wrote:
On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 14:04 +0200, Carlos Guerreiro wrote:
ext Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 22:58 +0200, Carlos Guerreiro wrote:
Sardine is back. The Sardine distro was restarted with the newer
Maemo 2.1 baseline and an older glib.
[snip]

What exactly should we now have in our sources.list to use sardine?
deb http://repository.maemo.org sardine main non-free

That's all. Sardine is self-contained. It includes the Maemo 2.1 baseline.

Thanks. And a similar deb-src line can be added too.

I'm currently getting this error with dist-upgrade:

The following packages have unmet dependences:
  libx11-dev: Depends: xtrans-dev but it is not installed

I know you said we might need to trash our targets and create them again
(upgrading from Maemo 2.1?), but I'd like to avoid that if I can.

I'm working on documenting the installation procedure. Need to finish that soon.

But basically:

In scratchbox:
- apt-get install hildon-application-framework
- apt-get upgrade

In the device:
- apt-get install hildon-application-framework
- apt-get upgrade
- some packages are held back. You need to install them manually with 'apt-get install'

The xtrans-dev issue is probably due to packaging problem which I hope will be fixed soon. Basically xtrans-dev replaces libxtrans-dev but unfortunately it is not conflicting with it. If you install the hildon-application-framework metapackage it will take care of removing the old one
so that problem doesn't hit you.

In your case try removing libxtrans-dev manually.

Otherwise try to find out more by trying xtrans-dev by hand.