On ons, 2006-11-29 at 22:39 +0200, ext Marius Gedminas wrote:

[snip]

> > [and "/scratchbox/" is a bad place to put scratchbox to, am I the only one
> > to have almost all the harddisk space on "/home/" and almost none on "/" ?]

Never heard of mount --bind?

I don't have my scratchbox installation on the root-disk, I just have it
bind-mounted from another partition.  Works just fine.  Of course, I'd
rather see it packaged the way a real Debian package is supposed to be.

> I used to do that, but then I've learned and now I just put everything
> into one big partition.
>
> And yes, /scratchbox/ is a bad place.  It does not follow the Filesystem
> Hierarchy Standard.  It should be /opt/scratchbox.  And the Debian
> packages should copy/symlink the /opt/scratchbox/login script to
> /usr/bin/sbox or something.

No, Debian-packages should install things in /usr/bin, /usr/share
and /usr/lib.  It should *NOT* install things in /opt and use symlinks.

Debian packages should *NEVER* install anything to /opt or /usr/local.

Regards: David Weinehall