Thank Ross, your advice was successfull, now I've ported and packaged stars
for maemo!!!

Before releasing I would like to solve some minor problems:

1 - how to go full screen  when the user press the full-screen button
2 - how to connect the arrows hardware buttons to the srollbars

While I dig into the docs, any hint would be highly appreciated.

I think I will publish this preliminary release this evening anyway.

2006/11/30, Ross Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 11:06 +0100, alessandro pasotti wrote:
> I had to convert glade1 to glade2 interface xml files and to change
> from GTK_TEXT to GTK_TEXT_VIEW and I fixed an ugly error with locale
> that prevented correct parsing of floats in catalog files.
>
> Now the problem is that I see a lot of errors like:
>
> (stars:15025): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_clist_thaw: assertion
> `GTK_IS_CLIST (clist)' failed
>
> (stars:15025): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from
> `GtkTreeView' to `GtkCList'
>
> I think I should port GtkCList to GtkTreeView, but I'm a complete
> newbie in GTK and this does'nt seem a trivial task.

The initial step would be using the deprecated GtkText and GtkCList in
GTK+ 2.0.  When you have a build of stars that uses GTK+ 2, albeit with
deprecated widgets, you can start work on removing those.  Doing the
entire port in a single go is a lot harder.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it