Hi,

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:15:24 +0800, Rui.Zhou wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Know maemo project for several months and start to do sth for it(or
> learn sth from it) now
>
> Well,"The first thing you can do is to download and start using the
> maemo development platform"
>
> But before that anyone can tell me something about  maemo briefly:
>
> 1.has Emulator?(or must have N800 to test the application? No N800 at
> the moment)

There is a qemu-arm emulator, but last time I tried it didn't support much.
The scratchbox has many tools in different places than the real machine (and
the tools have different options), so that is also not good to test how a
program would behave on the device.

So you need the hardware :(

> 2.which one is the major work?platform lib or the application?

I don't understand the question.

> 3.How to be an Eligible developer to get a N800 at discount price(or any
> discount for Nokia employee)?

Check the list archives,

cheers,
  Danny