Hi,

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:18:42 +0300, Mikhail Sobolev wrote:
>Sorry, I do not know a lot about it   Does
>  http://maemo.org/platform/docs/howtos/Maemo_tutorial_bora.html#mime
>have any useful information?

Oh, nice :) An updated tutorial :)

While that page contains a lot of useful information, my problem was a little
bit too evil O_o

The file "/usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml" on the device, although
called "freedesktop.org.xml" is not THE "freedesktop.org.xml" from
freedesktop.org which I knew. It's actually just an empty placeholder :(

Blah.

However, the file manager will detect my test zip file as being
"application/zip" (tested by long-clicking on zip file and choosing "Details").

When I click on it, it will give "Unable to open".

btw: where does the file manager get the icon for the file?

Probably something messed up in the desktop file. I wonder...

cheers,
  Danny