Hi,

Johannes Eickhold wrote:
> [1] http://i30www.ira.uka.de/p2p/ambicomp/phoneME_Nokia770
> [2]
> http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Mobileandembedded/PhoneMEAdvancedPlatformsNokia770
> [3] http://forums.java.net/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=100

Just found your posts when searching information about the state of java
on the 770.

I am interested in building java apps for the 770. I had no time to get
into it until now, but will be able to spend some time with that when a
major project is finished in some days.

Until now, searching the wiki and mailing lists did not really give me
detailed or exact information on the state of java on 770 - only this
thread changes this a bit.

Still, I am not clear if there is some working implementation one can
start writing apps against, or if there still are some major steps to go
until one can think of writing end user apps.

This threads sounds like some steps are still needed, while some of the
links I just added on the maemo wiki's java page (wondering why not all
information on this topic get collected there but spread on multiple
personal sites) suggest there are working implementations and end user apps.

Which one is right?

Maybe it would be cool to create some table about the different java vm
options available, the things that work and don't work with each, most
important things to do to get it up and running for building end user
applications, and who is working on what. (all that also for the
different versions of maemo and IT OS, which I still need to invest some
time to understand which is what and how they are related exactly.)

It seems also an open question if the java bytecode extensions of the
CPU can be used.

If I get that information here, I'll add it to the wiki page - as well
as any further clarifications on the topic.

Henning