Am Freitag, den 02.02.2007, 09:44 +0100 schrieb Leen Toelen:
> Hi,
>
> this is a great article comparing the N800 with the Newton interface.
> It raises some valid points.
>
> http://cs.gmu.edu/~sean/stuff/n800/

Yes, there are indeed a couple of valid points I'd agree with.

However, I think he's wrong in picking on GTK+ as the culprit for some
of the UI annoyances.  For instance, I don't think it's true that GTK+
only deals with simple input one character at a time.  I'm pretty sure
it's possible to pull off Newton-style handwriting as described by him
with a sufficiently sophisticated GTK+ input module.

--Daniel