you could also check:

/sys/devices/platform/gpio-switch/cam_act/
/sys/devices/platform/gpio-switch/cam_turn/

On 2/8/07, Zeeshan Ali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/7/07, Iñigo Illán Aranburu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello everyone!

  Hey there!

> I was trying to write a simple program, and I would like to know if
> there is some way to detect when the camera gets rotated to the point
> that it should "flip" the image as does the internet call application
> that comes with OS2007.

  Fortunately, there are two very useful self-explainatory boolean
gconf keys for these things:

1. /system/osso/af/camera-is-out
2. /system/osso/af/camera-has-turned

  BTW, since it's gconf, you can set-up notification callback in your
applications for these events to, in case you need that. Hope this
helps!

P.S There is a D-Bus way to do the same thing as well but i think
gconf is much simpler to deal with as compared to D-Bus.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali
Design Engineer, SW