All,

I have started testing the 770/N800 RDesktop port on various Windows desktop and server systems. Overall it works really well. Font size is an issue but as I anticipated, the resolution is outstanding and adapted for the widescreen format of the N800.

I have found a scenario however where RDesktop manages to reliably blue screen my Windows Vista Ultimate RC1 system running as a guest VM on Windows Virtual PC (latest version) hosted on Windows XP SP2. Interestingly, if I connect to the VM using the Windows Remote Desktop (latest version - 6.0) everything works fine.

I will create another test using a fully released version of Windows Vista Ultimate to see if this problem persists. Obviously there is at least a problem on the Microsoft Windows side given the BSOD. However, it also suggests there might be some kind of protocol flaw in RDesktop, or in the port to the N800, as it relates to Vista.

It occurs to me that Microsoft Windows Vista may not downward compatible with whichever version of the Remote Desktop protocol used by the RDesktop client but I am not certain of that. I will try a down-level Microsoft RDP client with this VM to see what happens. I also have at least one other LInux system which has rdesktop on it and I will try that as well.

--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks