Eero Tamminen wrote:

It was a (new) bug noticed too little time before the latest release
so there was not enough time to find the root cause & fix & re-build
everything needed.  The effect is a couple of secs lost at bootup and
a couple of MB of RAM lost after device is up (compared to system that
would be fully prelinked).

I see, thanks. I was thinking that perhaps I missed something and prelink in not that useful or something. Should I bother to create bugzilla entry for this?

Also there are other issues with the firmware. It looks like /var/run/wtmp growing problem is back (was in some n770 firmware but was solved if I remember correctly). On n800 it is even created again if deleted so I had to make softlink to /dev/null. Anyone else see this too? I'm not sure if it is caused by something I installed. This should go to bugzilla, right?

Another thing is getty running on /dev/ttyS0, I think I removed it from inittab and it appeared again. R&D mode is disabled. Does this cause higher power consumption or is harmless?

Frantisek