Hi,

ext Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> I used the N770 with the hacker edition of OS2007 heavily last week and it
> broke:
> The device is rebooting constantly, even putting it into RD mode did not help
> getting rid of this. The sequence is
> 1. blue boot progress bar
> 2. Nokia hands and sound
> 3. almost immidiately after the sound, a white stripe appears on the left of
> the display. Looks like this is the Maemo menue bar. Then the screen becomes
> white
> 4. after approx. 19 seconds the device reboots and continues with 1.
>
> I interrupt the reboot cycles by removing the battery.
>
> I am not aware that I did something uncommon before that happend, except
> accessing via USB to the MMC card (which I do very rarely). Removing the
> cable again apparently broke the MMC and I had to run e2fsck.
>
> Before I flash the device, I though I ask here if somebody is interested in
> some more debug data (and knows how I get them).

This sounds like Desktop crashing.  If you have RSS applet enabled
in Desktop *and* the Hacker edition is based on a version earlier than
the latest N800 release, it could be a the crasher bug in RSS applet
that was fixed to the latest release (once it got a feed item with
"a strange" URL, the applet always crashed (Desktop) immediately after
applet had been loaded by the Desktop).

        - Eero

PS. In gnome Desktop the crasher bugs in panel applets are not so fatal
because they are run as separate processes.  You notice this easily from
the Gnome desktop memory usage...