Mike,

do you know what if any are the side effects of disabling the use of the pressure information on the N800 as a result of implementing your workaround? In other words does this break some other functionality of the N800, or is the pressure information something that is there as a latent "feature" but not actually used by the N800?

If the answer is yes, then it might be possible to write a script to disable it when VNC functionality is needed but to be able to turn it back on when the pressure functionality is needed.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks

GSEC Gold, GCWN Gold, GGSC-0100, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM
*serving the SmartDigital^TM home, entrepreneurial enterprise, and emerging network service provider markets***

* ***

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

backup email address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mike Cowlishaw wrote:
Many thanks to everyone who helped me get x11vnc problems sorted out; I
finally fixed the 'last big one' (enter key not working as expected).  I
have summarised my experiences and the workaround at:

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/How_to_use_x11vnc_to_'drive'_the_N800_from_a_PC

in case anyone else wants to give projected demos of the N800, get
screenshots, etc., from their PC or laptop.

mfc