[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> So please, could the students and mentors send a brief update about the
> status of their projects?

Sure. Geoclue progress so far:

* Moved geoclue infrastructure to freedesktop.org
  (http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/GeoClue)

* Got to know the geoclue code base. Did code cleanup, bug fixes
  (http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=geoclue.git;a=summary)

* Learned a _lot_ about packaging (thanks Inz for pointers). Debian
  packages are done, but not yet available.

* Discussed features on the GeoClue mailing list, also prototyped some
  features (http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/geoclue).

I realize that I should have a pretty clear TODO list with date
estimates that you could check, but the contents of the list have been
evolving so far (as you can see if you read the mailing list)... I
promise http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/GeoClue/SocPlan will
have that checklist Real Soon Now.

By the way, Google sent me the book "Producing Open Source Software" by
Karl Fogel and I read it last week -- it was a lot better than I
expected and has my endorsement:
  http://producingoss.com   (available under Creative Commons BY-SA).

 -jussi