ext [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I finally managed to get a big enough hammer to drive the upgrade
through.

> It turns out that the older farsight libraries don't get automatically

> removed when you attempt to install the newer libraries.

And it shouldn't because Skype needs the old library. Definitely
something went wrong with your system because the new farsight doesn't
conflict with the older one presented in the latest official software
release.

> I'd suggest the next time the new libraries are built, it might be
> wise to have the .deb indicate that they obsolete all previous
> versions of the library.

The Application Manager lacks the ability to remove 'system' packages
which don't belong to the 'user' section, but it's intentional.

BR,
Dmitry