On 8/28/07, Jesse Guardiani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> gstreamer is poo. plain and simple. Yes, you need to recreate the
> pipeline. If you don't, bad things happen, like hanging and such after
> EOS. And no, EOS detection still doesn't work well in that class despite
> my many tries. We abandoned gstreamer support in Kagu for a reason. It's
> poo. It's much easier to just use OSSO Media Server via dbus and let
> *it* deal with gstreamer for us.

I'm beginning to realize this about gstreamer as well.  EOS detection seems
to only work about 95% of time, and when it does work you get something like
5 messages thrown at you - so why can't it get just one through on those
5%???

Anyway, can you point me to any docs on using dbus to control OSSO with
Python?  The whole dbus concept is still alien to me.  The only dbus I've
done is the launching with a desktop icon and then using it to get the
screen status (which I copied and pasted from Kagu.)

Wait, I bet the next comment from someone will be "Why don't you take a look
at Kagu"...  lol.

Okay so I agree gstreamer is out.  Now to get a replacement working...