Hi Eero,

On 10/31/07, Eero Tamminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext Trilok Soni wrote:
> > We need to select an open-source GUI library for system where it will
> > have 64MB of total flash and same RAM size running on the embedded
> > processor like OMAP/DaVinci with around 300MHz. The number of GUI
> > applications running will be only one main control application acting
> > as say recorder, player and streamer and other control
> > functionalities, think video server.
> >
> > Does GTK+/X combination will be a nice fit for this flash, ram and cpu
> > speed budget? OR will be too bloated in terms of minimum
> > functionalities and single GUI application we need?
> >
> > Flash will also have other software images like kernel, bootloader,
> > busybox, uclibc/glibc, boa like embedded webserver stored along with
> > the gtk+/x libraries and gui application.
> >
> > Please give your suggestions/inputs. Thanx.
>
> If you don't have something that needs to show arbitrary amounts
> of data to user such as www-browser or PDF viewer, 64MB is enough.
> (regardless of widget set or whether you use X or directly fb).

Thanx for the inputs. True, it is no where like Internet Tablet, it
will not have applications like www-browser or pdf reader. It might
support local playback, streaming player, recorder with preview and
some other functionalities to control various input and output
sources/sinks. In this case using GTKFb looks good, and having d-bus
with it to communicate with other CLI daemon applications to transfer
messages. Hope GTKfb doesn't limit the use of d-bus, AFAIK. Only
limiting thing with GTKFb will be like one should one binary (GUI app)
doing everything we want to show it to the end-user. Hope I understood
this point.

--
--Trilok Soni