Le mercredi 31 octobre 2007 à 17:39 +0000, Ross Burton a écrit :
> On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 17:44 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > Why does restarting the system bus (as in "/etc/init.d/dbus restart")
> > reboot the device (on an N770 with Gregale)?
>
> I'm guessing because the system bus dying is a fatal condition.
>
> > I noticed it while porting the `avahi-daemon' package [0] whose postinst
> > script normally restarts the system bus (for reasons that escape me).
>
> It only needs to reload the bus, which (IIRC) can be achieved by sending
> SIGUSR1 or passing "reload" to the init script.

I'm not sure it is even needed : dbus supports dnotify (and inotify the
day Havoc will review my pending patch which is waiting for one year on
dbus mailing list) to reload additional config files dropped in dbus
configuration directory.

But maybe D-Bus on IT 2006/2007 is too old for this.

--
Frederic Crozat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>