Simon Pickering wrote:
> I'm not all together sure how this (the Google SoC project) differs
> from the dspgateway, except perhaps for the choice of DSP. Why have yet
> another way of bridging between ARM and DSP?

Either C54x architecture is more limited (no MMU? no space for
multitasking core like DSP BIOS?) or this is really quick student hack
for G-SoC without deep research for existing alternatives.

> We do already have a Linux Ti toolchain (
> https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/targetcontent/LinuxDspTools/index.html)
>  which is for the C55x only (i.e. is useful to us). I'm not sure the release
> of another (similar afaict) toolchain for the C54x will make any odds to us
> (except perhaps that Ti are embracing open source developers
> :).

Well the EULA says that it should be used only with TI development board
   (without exact definition what it is) so I am not sure that open
source code can be compiled with it and result published for usage with
770 or N8x0 even if our tablets contain silicon made by TI and it is
non-profit. Perhaps more friendly licencing terms similar to this C54x
toolchain would be nice to have for our C55x toolchain too.

Frantisek