[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Is there a standard way to ask for a specific library to be linked in
> statically and the rest to be dynamic?
>
> Specifically, I want to statically link in the SQLite library but leave
> the rest of the linkage as is.

It may work in your case but in general there may be unexpected issues
when mixing this especially when using c++
check http://www.trilithium.com/johan/2005/06/static-libstdc/

Also in plain C linking some library foo statically while linking other
library bar dynamically that is already linked dynamically to foo (and
similar variations of this when using multiple dependent libraries) may
give you unexpected issues both at link time and also later at run time.