> How is it supposed to work? I flashed my N800 with OS2008 for N800
> Beta and plugged in an USB keyword (as I've read it would work without
> a powered HUB) but nothing happened. Are there some settings which
> must be activated?

The following commands helped for me:
~ $ sudo gainroot
/home/user # echo host> /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode

Or alternatively you can use a cable which has USB ID pin grounded.

I had a keyboard connected through an unpowered USB hub, and it worked. :)

When I first connect the hub (after the previous commands), N800 says that "USB
hub not supported" and then few seconds later also "Unable to connect. Device
not supported.". Again when connecting keyboard I get a message "USB device not
supported". However, the keyboard seems to be working!

I also tried with a recompiled kernel with CONFIG_USB_OTG_WHITELIST disabled.
It "removed" some of the above "warnings" but otherwise I didn't notice any
difference in the behaviour.  What does this whitelist actually mean??

Memory stick seems to work as well. It is also automatically mounted and the
File manager pops up too. :)

Juuso Räsänen