Arkady Glazov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I get same bluez utils from standart repositories? I need in
> hcitool and rfcomm for binding console to my TomTom Go 910. Or, I
> should compile them from source itself? What the version BlueZ i
> should compile then?

If all you need is 'hcitool scan' and rfcomm bind and release
functionality then you may also check how it is done in kbdd for OS2008
[1][2]. There is dbus-bluez-rfcomm shell script as a replacement for
rfcomm binary and dbus-bluez-scan binary made out of Vala bluez example
[3]. Additional advantage is that you don't need root privileges and
rfcomm port is allocated automatically so you don't need to hardcode it.

Frantisek

1. http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#kbdd
2. http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/kbdd.tar.gz
3. http://live.gnome.org/Vala/BlueZSample