Hi there:

I'm having a problem with this issue. I don't know whether it's a bug or
not. I could report it just in case. I've seen that these packages are
maintained by our colleagues at Nokia Johan and Kimmo.

The situation is this:

1. I've just flashed the 770 with Fanoush's image:
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/initfs_flasher.tgz

2. After installing the packages becomeroot, osso-xterm and e2fsprogs, and
doing several apt-get update and apt-get upgrade I have the following
problem when trying an apt-get dist-upgrade:

# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Calculating upgrade... Failed
osso-app-killer: Depends: osso-bttools but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
by held packages

But I obviously have these packages perfectly installed... Nevertheless I
try a formula that I've found in Google searching for this problem (only one
result):
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:P8VfGyO0JOwJ:mg.pov.lt/maemo-irclog/%2523maemo.2007-03-08.log.html+%22osso-app-killer:+Depends:+osso-bttools+but+it+is+not+going+to+be+installed%22&hl=es&ct=clnk&cd=2

The formula is:
# apt-get -o DPkg::Options::="--force-confmiss" --reinstall install
osso-app-killer
# apt-get -o DPkg::Options::="--force-confmiss" --reinstall install
osso-bttools

The result is a successful reinstall... But it doesn't work... The problem
is still the same...

# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Calculating upgrade... Failed
osso-app-killer: Depends: osso-bttools but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
by held packages.

It isn't really a problem, since I can install any package I like, even
build-essential... but I'd like to be able to do a dist-upgrade ;(

Salut,
Sebas.