I am trying to convert my command-line Python program into a
PyGTK/Hildonized version for my Nokia N800.

I am *very new* at doing this, so the best that I can do is look for
examples that other people have written, and this is what I have been
using for my 'child' window, but it does not work -- since when I close
the window my entire application ends:

def button_clicked(widget, data):
       window2 = hildon.Window()
       window2.connect("destroy", gtk.main_quit)
       label = gtk.Label("blah")
       label.set_text("You clicked on button "+data+"!!!")
       label.show()

       window2.add(label)
       window2.show()
       return

Can anyone tell me the 'trick' of being able to close a 'child' window
without the entire application shutting down?

Thanks!

Dare