"ext Marcin Juszkiewicz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Does someone work on "apt-get update;apt-get upgrade" from Chinook to
> Diablo then?

No, unfortunately not.  We are working to get apt-get upgrade working
for releases that come after Diablo.

I agree that a smooth upgrade path is needed: without it, we not only
need to keep backwards compatibility (packages created with the Chinook
SDK run on Diablo), but also fowards compatibility (packages created
with the Diablo SDK run on Chinook).  If we have a smooth upgrade patch,
we can expect people to upgrade to Diablo and stop supporting Chinook
devices.

> Or do we are expected to 'use maemo backup, then rsync whole
> filesystem, reflash'?

For the Chinook to Diablo upgrade, yes.