maemo has its own precaching system afaik (compiles the programs as libraries
and thread them with maemo-invoker, maemo-launcher ,... but this is only for
the apps build as libraries which are mostly the ones provided by nokia.

I didn't tried prelude or libferris on arm yet. but i found quite interesting
the use of the diablo toolkit for optimizing binaries at linkage time.

Take a look on the project. Integrating it for scratchbox will be a easy and
will benefit both projects. so diablo works for intel and arm (also for mips,
ia64 and alpha)

  http://diablo.elis.ugent.be/