nick loeve wrote:
> Yep, I have been reading the archives and have compiled a shortlist of
> info based on past discussions (mainly that you have started! ). I
> guess I might start documenting what is known already and try and get
> it all in one place.

Yes, please do if you can. I am guilty of not doing it myself over
years. I'm sure people on this list can fill some gaps. Apart from
examining dsme, its modules and dsmetest in initfs (and its runtime
behaviour using strace), check also powerlaunch
http://powerlaunch.garage.maemo.org/ It is replacement of mce (also
closed). mce talks to dsme too and is done in similar modular way so it
can help with some understanding. Powerlaunch imitates some mce<->dsme
communication, see dsme.c,h at
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/powered/?root=powerlaunch

As for bme and figuring out how battery charging works, one could strace
it and see what tahvo/retu register it uses, some bits are mentioned in
kernel headers (not sure about name now, something like
tahvo_retu_user.h) and there is also this info
http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=120752529631862&w=2

Frantisek