On Thu, May 22, 2008 15:51, Aniello Del Sorbo wrote:
> What happened to the Maemo Download counts ?

Wow, you are fast ;) I have just changed this.

> It was very low as for few days ago and today I see thousands of
> downloads ? Even my Xournal port skyrocketed from less then 3000 to over
> 5000, but
> this is nothing compared to other popular downloads that 'feature'
> downloads of the order of 10 thousands!
>
> What has changed ?

As you might have noticed, some time ago I added actual download
statistics from the repositories to the product pages. (This is the graph
you can see there.

The download counter on the top of the page was based on clicks on the
install now button. This was of course not very fair, because there are
also a lot of downloads done via the application mananger.

I have now used the actual download stats that we get from repository
servers.

--
Niels Breet
maemo.org webmaster

PS. If you have recently switched from hosting your own package to hosting
it through extras, the data is too low at the moment. I'm working on a fix
for that.