Hi,

ext Paul Bloch wrote:
> One thing that comes to mind in terms of augmenting Maemo and making
> it a more robust system is whether it's possible to consolidate
> efforts being made by other groups such as the Ubuntu mobile project
> (I can't recall the name of this effort), and perhaps the efforts of
> openmoko and Android.  My feeling is to benefit from the work we're
> all doing and share the prosperity and accomplishments in whatever way
> possible.  Ultimately the open mobile OS, which Maemo is a fantastic
> example of, could be a project that could help strengthen the open
> source community as a whole through cross-pollination of ideas and
> work.

Good principles. Can you provide examples?

When it comes to open source, our current guideline is to collaborate as
much as possible with the upstream projects that produce the open source
code Nokia and others deploy in their platforms.

Still, picking your examples is easy to see that collaboration is not
always that easy - not even under the flag of open source and the best
intentions: Hildon/GTK+, Enlightment, Qtopia, Dalvik... all they are
very different beasts not easy to put in a same basket for a common
effort. There are not many issues collaborating on what is underneath
(Linux Kernel and some other low/middle layers) but the stack sitting on
top of of that is very thick, and is actually where most of the new
stuff, commercial pressure and willingness to differentiate comes from.

> Paul aka openartist

So, where are your mockups?  ;)

--
Quim Gil