ext Guillem Jover wrote:
> "Porting" software should not be needed most of the time, and maemo
> would be better off pulling directly from the Debian armel archives.

This is a separate discussion, but it would be good to go through
specific cases of different packages in Debian and Ubuntu and see why
the diff. If there is no good reason then it's a bug. If there is a good
reason then perhaps Debian would be interested of getting the diff.
Again, the whole exercise doesn't fall only in Nokia's responsibility
and the community could help if there is really an interest.

> And honestly the packaging I've seen in general in Maemo is not that
> good, not only the stuff from extras and similar, this also applies to
> the one from Nokia.

At least now there is a reference. If someone doesn't follow it there is
a measure to file a bug, no matter who is this someone.

About the rest, thanks Guillem for helping out with the packaging policy!

--
Quim Gil
marketing manager, open source