>> Just a quick note to say that the DSP task encodes the test .au file
>> correctly. Still a minor ;) issue that the DSP crashes after the DSP
>> has finished the encoding task (I think this is probably due to a
>> non-existent semaphore being written to, will have to test my theory
>> tomorrow).

<snip>

> in case of using GStreamer, you should provide a GStreamer element that
> allows you to offload the SBC encoding to the DSP. Currently we are
> using sbcenc which will do it for us.

Atm we have to use ALSA to produce A2DP output, is the data sent
thought here simply piped straight into sbcenc running standalone?

I'd like to make sure that the people who currently use it (e.g. from
mplayer) are also able to continue doing so using the DSP.

Certainly a GStreamer wrapper is next on the list of ToDos after I
stop the DSP from crashing ;).

Cheers,

Simon