> Hi,

> Even for extras-devel I would require that packages are also:
> - installable
> - removable

I really like the idea, but I don't think that is feasible for Diablo.
This should be added to the wiki page with all the more ambitious ideas[1].

For Fremantle this can probably be implemented. (Autotester?)

> Extras could then check that the package is also upgradable
> (at least from previous version).

Sure, that sounds like a sensible thing to do.

> I guess autobuilder uses Sbox, so it would be checking installation
> against GNU utilities instead of the more restricted Busybox version that
> are on the device, but at least that's better than nothing.

I'll let Ed answer this one :)

> (If system Qemu starts working well enough, maybe testing installation
> could be done with it some time in the future...)
>

> - Eero

- Niels

[1] https://wiki.maemo.org/Extras_repository_process_definition