Dave Cridland escribiu:

> My biggest problem with Modest has always been that the UI
> requirements seem to have driven the development, to the extent that
> although Tinymail is pretty good, both its development and its usage
> has been severely compromised by trying to build a desktop mail
> program on an internet tablet.
>
> The result is a program that looks the part, and has the right
> buttons to press, but by insisting on those features as priority over
> all else, it's hog-tied itself into poor use of the network, so it's
> totally unusable on my mailboxes, whereas Polymer just trundles
> through them.

Well Dave, I think the comparison is not fair. I think you're trying to
compare the speed of a Formula 1 and a Mercedes-Benz. Obviously de
Formula 1 (Polymer) is faster than a Mercedes-Benz (Modest) because it
has been specially designed for it, but in a Mercedes-Benz you have a
lot more facilities and will probably win the comparison in another
subjects like comfort. Take into account that Modest has a lot of code
to manage UI things that slow down the device like dimming buttons,
sorting and filtering of tree models, etc... I haven't analyzed
seriously Modest performance recently, but I bet most of the slowness is
caused by such kind of things. Also bear in mind that tinymail and Camel
use a lot of threads and the N800/N810 is not a device that could easily
cope with that.

Br