Hi,

I hope this doesn't get taken too badly...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The Modest development team is very busy with feature
> development
> and bug fixes, and admittedly, after that there's not soooo much time
> left
> for interacting with the community. That's a sad fact.

The problem I have seen in the past is that when developers and project
managers think of "interacting with the community" as a separate task,
it doesn't get done.

Open development is interacting with the community already, surely?

If developers of a free software program are using a public mailing list
to discuss features, a public bugzilla to handle bug reports, and
perhaps an IRC channel or Jabber chat room for real-time interaction,
then interacting with the commuinity is not a task to do, it is a side
effect of product development.

Would it be possible for the Modest team to exclusively use the external
bugzilla, given that it's a free software project?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
maemo.org docsmaster