"ext John Holmblad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Kalle,

Hello John,

> I took a look at  the OS2008 wireless supplicant and it looks like it
> supports WPA and WPA with EAP but I do not see WPA2.

eapd (the supplicant in OS2008) does support WPA2. I think the UI just
doesn't make a difference between WPA1 and WPA2, there's just a very
well hidden "use only WPA2" setting somewhere.

> That suggests to me then that the supplicant referred to in this
> thread is NOT the standard one.

Yes, use of wpa_supplicant in OS2008 needs a patched version of
cx3110x. Currently the supplicant is called eapd and made by Nokia.

--
Kalle Valo