Hi
I successfully managed to get maemo-mapper run on scratch box. I'd like
to share this experience so that it is useful to others. Any suggestion
and comment are welcomed, too.
First, install  Maemo SDK VMWare Appliance, 0.8
(http://maemovmware.garage.maemo.org/).
start the virtual machine.
add  to /scratchbox/users/maemo/targets/DIABLO_X86/etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ chinook free
    deb-src http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ chinook free
click  the maemo scratchbox Environment  icon on desktop.
sbox-DIABLO_x86>apt-get update
sbox-DIABLO_x86>af-sb-init.sh start
    (Opening a new window seems very slow but it will show up correctly
if given enough time)
sbox-DIABLO_x86>apt-get install maemo-mapper
    (this is the trick to install an application hosted in repository.
Using maemo-mapper as an example, there are many releases, I do not know
which one to use. I let the apt-get to select the correct one and
resolve the dependency)
sbox-DIABLO_x86>run-standalone.sh /usr/bin/maemo-mapper
    (remember opening new window is slow.  When maemo-mapper is used
first time, it will open several dialogs for configuration. The start
process will be slow.

I am trying to use the maemo-mapper in scratchbox to download map and
transfer them to tablet.

I tried my own SDK installation instead of VMWare appliance with the
above procedure. The maemo-mapper started properly. But it can not
download map.

-jason