There should be a whitelist of applications to use from -devel with a method
to add or select packages from within it.

If I *choose* to get involved in the xournal beta testing and want to obtain
it from -devel this should not effect the testing status of other
applications which I am not focusing upon nor testing.

This way only xournal will be listed as coming from -devel and nothing else.

If at a later date I also wish to test out another cool application I could
simply add that as well, but at no time would I get unexpected dangerous
updates.

gary (lcuk on #maemo)